Community Arts and Creative Program Coordinators
Location: Winchester, On.
Duration: 8 Weeks
Hourly rate: $14.25
Contract Start Date: May 31st, 2021
Contract End Date: July 23rd, 2021
Application Closing Date: Monday, May 17th, 2021
Winchester Pastoral Charge
As members of two communities of faith, Winchester & Hope Springs, of the United Church of Canada we follow the way of Jesus, worshipping our Creator God knowing we are accompanied by God’s strong and vital Spirit. We celebrate what it means to be the church through worship [during Covid, our congregational life, spiritual support and other ministries are online], prayerful presence, mission and service, and by loving and serving our neighbours in community. We have lively connections with other churches in the community and work alongside the House of Lazarus, Community Food Share, and Canadian Foodgrains Bank to name a few mission connections. We endeavor to be a welcoming space and supportive to community members.
Winchester Pastoral Charge is looking for two highly motivated individuals between the ages of 15-30 who can demonstrate excellent research and teamwork skills, who are able to help us create multi generational arts and outreach programing for the community and our community of faith on Zoom and in person (dependent upon COVID-19 Public Health Guidelines). The successful candidates would need to have the ability to communicate efficiently and professionally with members of the community though phone, email, and zoom; to collaborate with shareholders and trustees; to problem solve, and be creative and adaptable. Additional assets would include English/French bilingualism, and a familiarity with the United Church of Canada/Christian faith.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Research existing community programs
- Assess research and develop appropriate programs and events. (3 programs/events per position)
- Organize presenter(s) for Zoom programing/events*.
- Host programing / events*
- Register program/event participants
- Distribution of program/events materials. (email)
- Correspond with presenters and participants. (email)
- Administer Zoom sessions (launching calls, managing participant entry and if necessary removal)
- Develop and administer event surveys and reports.
- Build community and promote safe spaces and friendly learning environments online and in person*.
- Assist participants (example: seniors) with getting connected to online programing.
- Collaborate with Winchester Pastoral Charge Minister and YAYA Minister on programs.
- Create promotional materials.
- Promote programs/events through social media platforms and email
Skills & Assets
- Communicate efficiently and professionally with members of the community both verbally (phone) and written (email).
- Proficient in hosting and using Zoom platform for meetings
- Proficient in Windows OS and MS Office
- Proficient in Social Media (Tik Tok, Instagram, Facebook (Messenger))
- Problem solving - Collaboration with shareholders and trustees - Ability to lead and take direction when needed - Initiative on tasks and sharing of resources - creative and adaptable
- Familiar with United Church of Canada theology
Please email a resume and cover letter to Dana Ducette firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: WINCHESTER PASTORAL CHARGE CSJG Position.